Sunday, March 30, 2008

Update

Yes, I voted online for delegates to the WV GOP Convention. Biggest waste of my vote ever! By the time the convention rolled around my candidate, Fred Thompson, had dropped out of the race, so all the Thompson delegates I voted for were freed up. That left West Virginia for Huckabee. And Mr. H. is and was my least favorite candidate. Oh, he is the consumate politician. He will say whatever will get him the votes. I would not trust him as far as I could throw him (but I don't think I could get a hold of him as slippery as he is).

Message to WVGOP leaders - use a primary next time. Yes, I am sure you made a lot of money off of the convention, but your promise of a Convention really stirring up things for the party, went kind of flat. The numbers of people that actually voted for delegates was less than then number of voters that turn up for the primary. Well at least those well connected with the party had a party in Charleston. WooHoo!

At this point, all I can say is: WVGOP you need to WOW me. I can't remember when I was less excited about an election - either state or federal. You need to come up with new ideas. If you need help, I will volunteer to brainstorm with anyone.

Until next time!

No comments: